How we collect your information
Three Castles Insurance is the data controller and is a trading style of pH Innovate (broking) Limited, registered in England and Wales 11352998 and operates from the registered business address:
Cwmbran House, Mamhilad Park, Pontypool, Torfaen NP4 0HZ. PH Innovate (BROKING) LIMITED IS AN APPROVED REPRESENTATIVE OF NEXT RISK SOLUTIONS LTD – REGULATED BY THE FINANCIAL CONDUCT AUTHORITY (NO 705135)
We’ll hold your information on database systems. Here are the main uses:
- To give you a quotation
- For identification when we are in contact with you
- To manage the services we offer you and to administer your records
- To respond to any questions you have about your policy
- To provide information in the event of a claim
- To provide you with a renewal quotation
- We may use your information for training purposes, to improve our services and their delivery, for
example by recording telephone calls.
- We use Google Analytics to help us better understand our customers and their needs to enable us to improve our maketing and products.For example, we collect IP addresses to utilise Google demographics and interest reports. Further information regarding how Google Analytics collects and processes data can be found at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
How we contact you
We will use your information to keep you informed about your insurance policy or related matters by post, telephone, e-mail, text messaging or other electronic means.
How we share your information
We will share your information with insurers, broker partners, finance companies, claims handling businesses and software houses for the purpose of setting up and administering your policy and any claims. We and our partners and insurers may share your information with other third parties, for example with credit reference agencies and other databases for the prevention of fraud and financial crime. If you take out a policy these searches may take place again when your policy is due for renewal. Insurers pass information to organisations such as the Claims and Underwriting Exchange Register and the Motor Insurance Anti- Fraud and Theft Register to help check information provided and prevent fraudulent claims.
We do not sell your data to third parties.
Keeping your information secure
We want you to have confidence in how we use and look after your data. We have therefore developed a range of physical and technical security measures designed to protect your personal information from unauthorised use or disclosure. Examples of some of these measures include:
- User and privileged system management including appropriate policies for password complexity,
length and history
- Auditing of system users
- Regular backup schedules and disaster recovery procedures
- Secure file transfer methods
- Data breach detection: procedures in place to detect unusual or abnormal activity
- Data breach investigation: Audit and logging tools used to investigate any potential or reported
- Data breach response: A plan that pulls together various departments to ensure rapid assessment
and mitigation of any data breaches
We don’t ask you for any more information than we need, and we don’t keep your information for any longer than we need to. We take reasonable steps to keep your details up to date and accurate. Please bear in mind that we will retain your records after we’ve stopped our service to you. This is to make sure we have an effective audit trail and to comply with legislative requirements.
Data protection law gives you rights, for example:
- You can access personal data we have about you by writing to our Data Protection Officer, Cwmbran House, Mamhilad Park, Pontypool, NP4 0HZ. Please quote your name, address and date of
birth, and provide a form of identification such as a copy of your driving licence or passport as well
as confirmation of your request. We will respond to your request, without charge, within a month. If
we refuse your request we will tell you why and inform you of your rights to complain to a
- You can ask us in writing to stop or not start processing personal data if this is causing or likely to
cause unwarranted substantial damage or distress (unless it is allowed for by the data protection law
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at
https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ if you think there is a problem with the way we handle your
There are two main categories of cookies:
Persistent cookies – These cookies stay your computer until they are removed manually or automatically Session cookies – These cookies remain on your computer until you close your browser when they are automatically deleted.
Essential cookies Essential cookies are technical cookies that are required for the operation of our sites. Without essential cookies our web site can’t operate properly. Essential cookies include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas. Performance cookies Performance cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our web site and to see how visitors move around them. This helps us to improve the way our web site works by enabling us to tailor our site to the way visitors use them. The information we collect from performance cookies is aggregated which means that we cannot identify you from it.
Find out more
You’ll find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org, which gives details on how to delete cookies from your computer. For information on how to do this on your mobile phone browser, please see your handset manual.
Links to other websites
Links to third party websites are provided solely for your convenience. When you activate these links you will leave our website. We do not endorse or take responsibility for the content on third party websites or the availability of those websites and we are not liable for any loss or damage that you may suffer by using those websites. If you decide to access linked websites, you do so entirely at your own risk. We do not accept responsibility or liability for the privacy policies and practices of other websites and therefore recommend that you check the policy on each website you use.